FAIR FUNDS FOR ALL SCHOOLS SOCIAL MEDIA STUNT TO START SATURDAY 3RD JUNE
#schoolsjustwannahavefunds because …..
We’d like to do a stunt on social media the week after the Fair Funds for All Schools national day of action on 26 May, to give the campaign a strong online presence in the run up to the election.
We think we have come up with a simple idea which will:
- Be easy to do and flexible enough for everyone to join in, whether they have school children or not
- Allow us to highlight a wide range of issues – from the negative impact that cuts are already having, to the positive things that we love and want to protect about our schools
- Have the ability to go viral
What we want people to do:
We want people to go onto Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and post the comment “#schoolsjustwannahavefunds because…” with an image of their child/ children or themselves holding a piece of paper with a handwritten message that completes the sentence.
For example you could post the comment ‘#schoolsjustwannahavefunds because….’ with a photo your child holding a piece of A4 paper and the message ‘my school has lost 3 TAs in the last year’
To help below are some examples of the types of messages that people may want to have in the picture. We’d encourage people to go with a message which is personal to them, or specific to their school, but if they are feeling nervous or lazy, they can copy one of our sample messages.
- My school is one of the most underfunded in the country
– my school has lost X teachers in the last year
- I want to be schooled in mainstream education
- I need a TA to help me learn and I don’t want to leave my school.
- I deserve a good education
- I want to learn music and art
- I don’t want my teachers to be made redundant
- Children are our future
- Education is an investment in the future of the country